I hope that you already know about split tests and the only way to fine-tune your sales funnel is to split test it!
Prerequisite — You should have knowledge about creating widgets Create a Simple Discounted Cross-sell Offer? — You should have knowledge about split tests (A/B/N Tests) What's a Split test (A/B test), how to use it effectively?
Let's discuss the strategy!
Core Logic: Testing different versions of the same widget in different positions (In-Page Widget)
We can only place
inpagetype widget in this strategy. Also, make sure to keep the same offer, product, widget type, etc as same in both split tests other than the position.
So we can make sure that the split test results are independent of other factors and solely dependent on position placement.
Here are some good reads about this topic.
In this strategy, we are going to split test 2 versions
- Split test Version #1: Showing
Add to Cartbutton in product page
- Split test Version #2: Showing
Descriptionof the product page
Step 1: Create a version #1 Split test offer widget
We've already know how to Create a Simple Discounted Cross-sell Offer?
- Create a widget with cross-sell / upsell offer in
Product Page(you can try in other pages too)
- Setup discounts, translations, etc in the widget
- By default the position of the widget will be under
Add to cartbutton in product page
Step 2: Create the version #2 Split test
- Click on
Copy Widgetof version #1 >
Copy As New Split Test To>
- This will make the first widget as
Split test #Aand creates
Split test #B
Now same copy of the widget has been created!
Make changes to version #2
Split Test #B, Change the position of the widget to under description (You can contact customer support agent via chat for quick position placement)
Save & Publishthe funnel
So our split test #A offer displays under
Add to Cartbutton and split test #B offer displays under product
Descriptionin the product page.
Give some time for split tests to run!
- It's recommended to give at least
7 daysto run split test or at least
1000 impressionsto get the results
- If you give more time for split tests to run, will get better results.
How to analyse performance?
View Analyticson the funnel
- Check the numbers there, see the revenue and conversions
- We can clearly see that
split test #Aperforms better
- You can run split test another 7 days - 14 days to get better results.
- If you still see massive rejection in a split test, it's doesn't make sense to keep it live.
Edit Funneland remove the losing split test, here it's
Split test #B
Hope you've got some value from this article. Let us know your feedback 🙂 We are excited to hear your thoughts.
Did we miss something? No worries! Message us by clicking the chat icon 💬 inside the app. Or Just email our team at [email protected] ✌️